Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chapter 22-23


CHAPTER 22-23

 

 

Many things happened in chapter 22 and 23 but my mom always used to tell me” things happen for a reason.” Maybe this is our way to identify our mistakes and learn from them. Although the First World War brought so much devastation, as well as the second war there were so many things that I often wonder if our world would have been different if the British Empire would not had colonized each of these colonies. However, I go back to what my mother would say, “Things happen for a reason.” It is best that I leave it alone and let other who are the experts figure it out. Such devastation only left us the beginning of communism, confusion, corruption, imperialism, militarism, the holocaust, Atomic weapons, and few small wars to deal with.   

 

I often wonder if the ideas of enlightenment, capitalism, humanism can actually be obtain as a whole, and if in fact place us on the right path. I find it amazing how many countries converted into communism and had their own version or what Karl Marx was trying to teach us. Instead making our world better I believe it caused many confusion and perhaps even greed. What these country did not realized was that it caused many issues and only brought devastation to all those who were brought under communism. This is why I and many of us cherished self-determination, because it provides us with the ability to choose freely, and determine our own path. Which leads me to next subject famous people who tried to make a different in our world and who either succeeded or failed? Gandhi and Nehru in India, Sukarno in Indonesia, Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam, Nkrumah in Ghana, and Nelson Mandela in South Africa were leaders drawn to Independent organized political parties who work so hard and making our world better. In some cases, it provided new ideas on how to obtain self-determination or to make a difference in our world. Some of these people gave their life or died not knowing if they ever accomplish these changes. It is so sad to learn how each of these people had to endure with all the atrocities in order to make a difference in our society and globally. However, we can only continue to strive and hope that each of can make a differences in our world.

 

The economy has always been a ripple effect in the past and in our world today. Perhaps none of know how to manage our economy as well as we think. I recently watch a documentary on Netflix called the “End of the Road” the movie entail Wall Street is being occupied. Europe is collapsing in on itself. It provided you how people are consume by fear, anger, and questions. The movies takes you back to how the world came to be in such a state, after World War II to our current time. It discusses our current challenges, troubles, and some of the world’s top economic issues as well. I highly recommend this documentary. Well here, we are our very last blogL. I must say I learned a lot and everyone in the class was great. Thank you Ms. Andrews for making this class fun and I felt that this course was well rounded enough for us to learn about world history. You provided me with an entire new prospective not just our history, but globally.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment